Weather hostile takeovers or friendly stock buying, a good deal is a question of timing especially if we are talking about millions.
- Google’s buying Motorola’s mobile phone division August 2011 was not just the 102nd takeover of the internet giant , At USD 12.5 billions. Google paid more for a company than ever before.
2. Bill And Steve
- After billions in losses , Steve Jobs took over control Apple again in 1997. In order to save his company, he sold share USD 150 Billions to Bill Gate’s Microsoft.
3. Mannesmann Takeover
- Vodafone paid USD203 Billions for the german mobile phone giant in the year 2000. A world record until now. Deautsche Bank Chief Josef Ackerman also profitted from the takeover through doubtful bonus payment.
- Media Mogul Rupert Murdoch value then the largest community, Mysoace at USD580 million in july 2005. Six years later it was sold at a loss os USD 305 Million
5. Collection Of Facebook
- Facebook’s stock market entry was actually pushed to end of year 2012. But the investment bank Goldman Sachs has already collected necessary spare charge for it. A total USD2 Billion are to be spent by investors for Facebook’s start in the stock market.
6. AOL Time Warner
- With the fusion of AOL and Time Warner in January 2001, (Cost : USD182 Billion), AOL brands like nestscape sank into oblivion. High point of sadness was in 2003, where “AOL” was obliterated from the name of company.
7. Wayne’s Anger
- Ron Wayne is the forgotten third founder of apple. Wayne sold his ten percent share just after two weeks – for USD800. Today, he would get close to USD40 Billion for it.
8. Microsoft Skype
- In order not to miss out to apple and Google, Microsoft bought Skype in May 2011 at USD8.5 billion. Microsoft had never before paid so much money to purchase a company.
9. Blessed DOS
- in 1980, Tim Paterson sold his operating system QDOS to Microsoft for a humble USD75, 000. Just one year later “MS-Dos” had become standard on IBM Computer.
10. Voucher Rejected