3 Methods to install a .deb file into your iDevice [iPhone (3G/3Gs/4), iPod touch (3G/4G), iPad and iPad 2]. Choose the easier for you :
1. AutoInstallation [Recommended]
- Download iFunbox for Windows , or Cyberduck for MacOS.
- Run iFunbox and connect your iDevice (iPhone, iPod, iPad or iPad 2)
- iFunBox will show your device contents, Now navigate to var/root/Media/
- Create the folder Cydia/AutoInstall (if not already created)
- Move .deb file from your desktop to var/root/Media/Cydia/AutoInstall
- Reboot your iDevice.
2. Install with iFile [Recommended]
- iOS 4: iFile and Safari Download Manager required
- iOS 5: iFile only required
- Run Safari and type the address which contains the .deb file.
- Click on the link of the .deb file >> Download/
- After finishing download, click on the file in the dowloaded files list >> Open with iFile >> Installer
- You ‘re done with it.
3. Install With Mobile Terminal
- Mobile Terminal
- Open SSH
- Download the .deb file you want (example : LockInfo)
- Start Cydia, go to “Search”, type “Mobile Terminal” and install it.
- Repeat step 2 for “OpenSSH”
- Start “Mobile Terminal”.
- Type the following commands , then reboot:
su (press return)
alpine (press return) /! You won’t see the typed password then don’t worry /!
dpkg -i nameofpackage.deb (press return, replace nameofpackage with LockInfo for the example)
Note that you can rename the .deb file like 1.deb (it’s easier to type)